Now Interviewing For
Work From Anywhere.
Theory House supports some of the world’s leading brands and the occasional startup with bold ambitions. We’re looking for a talented designer with a range of brand design capabilities to join the team. This is a WFA (WORK FROM ANYWHERE) position. Read on to see if this is you.
The Brand Designer is an integral part of the Creative Team in supporting our retail-focused clients and will report to the Creative Director in the NYC area. This designer thinks conceptually and designs thoughtfully. They are a strong communicator, an eager collaborator, and natural problem-solver. They can balance client feedback with their own expertise to create work that meets marketing goals while creating – maintaining – our clients’ brand aesthetics. They stay ahead of deadlines and up-to-date on trends.
What You’ll Do:
- Create a range of branded materials, including identity, brand style guides, packaging, web, in-store experiences, POP and digital.
- Design creative and execute production files that are detailed, to scale, and production-ready
- Ensure consistency of brand aesthetics
- Keep project goals at the forefront of design work
- Work well under the pressure of tight deadlines and changing demands
- Continue to evolve and develop skills and techniques through research of current trends
- Evaluate policies and processes and offer ideas for improvement
What We Look For:
- 3-5 years relevant experience in an agency or in-house design environment required
- Expert experience working with Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) required
- Expert knowledge in the principles of design (alignment, proximity, visual hierarchy, negative space, repetition, contrast, balance, typography, and color) and current trends
- A confident, informed point of view on design
- Impeccable written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Experience giving and receiving feedback to partners in and outside of the creative department
- Ability to distill and present information
- A passion for art and design
- Strong organizational skills and a high degree of comfort in Production
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch software
- Experience with 3-D rendering software preferred
Please send a current resume and portfolio (pdf and/or link), and salary requirements to [email protected]
This job description serves as an overall summary of responsibilities for the position outlined. Please note it is subject to change with specific expectations associated with the position. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not the practice of Theory House to sponsor individuals for work visas. Theory House is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, age, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.